Thursday, December 15, 2011

Last day!

I'm exhausted so I'm spitting out words that probably make little sense and sound like those annoying british kids in the gap year video, but here it goes anyway! These two weeks have gone by so quickly - I can hardly believe tomorrow is my last day. This has been one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I'm so happy that I've had this opportunity and have learned so much.

I told the people at Maximo Nivel about my make shift class and they're sending not 1, not 2, not 3, BUT 4 volunteers to teach two English classes starting in January. One of the nurses told me that her kids were asking about me yesterday, and I didn't realize until then how much I was going to miss working here.

I really need to expand on my entries, but to say I'm exhausted is not an understandment! Today there we were down one doctor and one nurse so I had to do all the pre-consults for both emergencies and vaccinations plus help out in the pharmacy and teach a class. I've gone to bed by 9:30 at the very latest every single night (and some nights 8:30). Its absurd. But I have to wake up at 6:50 to leave for San Lucas (and I've woken up about 7 or 8 on the weekends too) which is earlier than I've consisted woken up since high school.

Here's a picture of Lake Atitlan which I think is one of the most beautiful places I've been ever (where I visited yesterday):

No comments:

Post a Comment