Sunday, December 4, 2011

Arrived!

Sorry I've been MIA on posting - these past two weeks have been very hectic, to say the least. But I've arrived in Guatemala and am staying with a very nice host family. My host mom is named Yolanda and my host dad is named Javier. They have three kids who are all grown and married already. I have my own room and bath room and will update more on the house soon (it was 10 pm when I arrived so I didn't really look around).

But bigger news: fundraising goal met! I raised $1600 plus whatever is sitting in my mailbox at school that didn't come before I left for Thanksgiving. I also got searched twice on my way down because of all the supplies in my bags (see photo below):
It's 11:15, I've been traveling since noon and start work at the clinic at 8 am tomorrow morning, so I'm going to post more tomorrow when I'm not totally beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment