Thursday, December 8, 2011

"¿Quieres hablar con los jovenes?"

I'm helping out Rudy, one of the nurses, with vaccinations today when Carmelina comes in and asks me "¿Quieres hablar con los jovenes?" which means "Do you want to talk to the adolescents?" I think this means that she just wants me to say hello to the kids, but I'm wrong, again.

So I taught a class of 25 kids between the ages of ~7 and ~13 a 45 minute English lesson and loved it. My mom informed me that I just got another donation in the mail, so I think I'm going to use it to buy some supplies / work books for the kids. Carmelina told me that one of the girls lives in a really tiny village and needs to walk an hour to get the bus to come to the clinic for the computer classes. I wasn't planning on teaching a group lesson, but the kids really want one so I'm going to teach another one tomorrow. Its somewhat corny, but its so amazing to get to work with all of these kids. Katy, Carlos and Nesto remembered almost everything from yesterdays lesson.

Okay Haley's here (we visited Las Obras Sociales today, which I'll talk about in another entry) so I should stop writing!! But I'll post tomorrow or Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment