Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Diabetic Clinic

45 type two diabetic patients this morning and tag teamed them with one of the nurses. Between the two of us, we checked all of their "azúcars" and blood pressures to get them ready to see the doctor by 10 am, but when I left for the day at 12:30, the two doctors hadn't even gotten through 25 of them (because there were also 10 emergency patients). The nurse helping me doubles as the pharmacist so she kept running back and forth and her 12 year old son Aaron (who is in my clase de ingles) w!

Cool things I need to expound on but don't want to forget:
no gloves
USAID posters everywhere (yeahhh amurrica)
all the meds I brought
me trying to learn salsa...
diabetics and sugar for tea (aka the nurses hide the sugar in the lounge in the oven)

AHH no time I will write later!

No comments:

Post a Comment